filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: ReSize, ReSample or ReScan ?

Art wrote:
>Common wisdom is that scanning at the highest optical resolution and
>then downsampling via a good program provides better results.

I've found in the past that scanning at a resolution which produces an image
on the screen close to the required size means you can get a sharper jpeg
for web use than scanning at maximum res and resampling.  I suggested as
much in this list, but got shouted down.  My recent experience has been
that resampling always means I have to sharpen afterwards.  As Art suggests
- try both and see what works for you.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com