Re: filmscanners: The Nikon 4000 and Genuine Fractals

I think you want to be careful.  I disagree with this position. Most bundled
OEM software is licensed to the computer that has the equipment attached.  I
would carefully read the license agreement before sending it to your son.
It's not worth risking his career over this piece of software.  I don't know
about the military, but at the company I work at, it is a 'fireable'
offense.

Tom> At 01:34 21-09-01 -0500, LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:
> > >Does the license allow me to do that? Usually OEM software bundled with
> >hardware
> > >doesn't allow that so I'm not sure in this case.
> >
> >Usually all software (bundled or not) allow one to give away the
software,
> >or in some cases even resell it, as long as certain conditions are met.
The
> >main provision being that you cannot retain possession of a copy on your
> >computer or on a hard copy media like, floppy, tape or CD of the supplied
> >program other than copies that have been purchased and registered
> >independent of the one being given away or sold.
>

> All I want to do is give it to my son for use on his laptop with Pshop.
> He's in the US Air Force on active duty and most definitely cannot have
> unlicensed software on his computer. I'll just send him the entire disk
and
> packaging. Seeing as the CD also contains NikonScan 3.0 it is pretty much
> useless to me anyway.
>

> Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.