filmscanners: The Nikon 4000 and Genuine Fractals

Hello List,

I'm in the United States.  I ordered the Nikon CoolScan 4000 on the
internet.

The day after I ordered it, I got an e-mail from the retailer.  "Call us as
soon as possible about your Nikon 4000 order!"

I called them.  They told me that the stock they have of Nikon 4000 scanners
is "meant for the international market," (he meant outside the United
States) but that the scanner and software bundle is identical.  I told the
man that if it's the same scanner and software bundle, to please complete
the order and send me the scanner.

I received the scanner in the mail.  It DOES NOT HAVE GENUINE FRACTALS
2.0!!!

So:

If you are outside the United States, and you have purchased the Nikon 4000,
can you please tell me if your scanner came bundled with Genuine Fractals?

and

If you are inside the United States, and you have purchased the Nikon 4000,
can you please tell me if your scanner came bundled with Genuine Fractals?

I would really appreciate your response.  After I receive word from the
list, I'll take a deep breath and call up the retailer on the phone.  I'm
afraid that maybe the software bundle for the "international market" is
different from the software bundle for the US market.

Thank you,

Philippe

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.