RE: filmscanners: NIKON LS 4000 AND D1X

--- Austin Franklin <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > There is one good thing about that tough. The CCD require that the
> rays
> > come in at 90 degrees.
>
> No they don't.  Different CCDs and different CCD designs have
> different
> acceptable angles.  It is true that with wide angle lenses, you do
> get
> falloff at the edges, and it is probably worse than film in certain
> CCD
> designs.

Well, sure they don't require it if you don't care about the fall off.
And yes, it is true that some CCDs are more suspectable to it then
others which depends on the design and angle. But then on an SLRs (as
the 1Dx we are talking about) you can have so many different lenses
from 1800mm to one with a 220 degree coverage that you can't really
cover all angles.

Robert