Re: filmscanners: Dust in Sprintscan 4000?

Doesn't anyone use Photoshop's Dust and Scratch filter?
I find it useful in cleaning up dirty scans, and automated selections
using the magic wand and color range tools. There's a preview window
and the concept of choosing pixel tolerance relating to defect size
is straight forward. I usually restrict clean up to areas which
particularly need it. I've never had a Nikon scanner so don't know
how ICE compares to this but I would rather have the option of seeing
how bad the mess is before applying any rememdy.

DaleH

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.