RE: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

> Tom writes:
>
> > There were not 2400 baud modems in 1971.
>
> The Bell System leased Dataphone modems with speeds up to 2400
> bps from the
> early 1960s, almost a decade earlier, if my distant memory
> serves.

I do not believe that.

> So
> there were 2400-bps modems by 1971,

No, you have not shown that to be true.  Provide proper substantiation to
this claim.

One problem that I have with that though, as with any of your "arguments" is
you are now changing the rules so you can claim your original statement was
not wrong, even though it was.  You want to claim that current modem
technology is only 33k, when in fact, it is 48/50k.  You also want to
compare hardwired modems in the past to regular phone line modems of today.
That is just absurd.

Even if there were 2400 baud modems in 1971, that's 20x slower than today,
NOT 10, so no matter what, your claim is just wrong.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.