RE: filmscanners: ReSize, ReSample or ReScan ?

> Just how is this chart/print supposed to be interpreted? At first I
> thought
> all resolutions printed well on my Epson1160 with MIS VM quadtone inks.
> Then
> I noticed that there are heavy lines scattered about within each
> resolution
> target, but then I looked at the PDF, and they are there too. However, as
> change the view magnification in acrobat, their location shifts. As some
> of
> this appears to be either an optical illusion, or an effect that occurs
> within the monitor or the path to the monitor, I have no idea how closely
> my
> print should match my screen view in this regard.
>
> If I am just looking for the little line slashes to print without jaggies
> (aliasing) then I'd say, on my setup, all targets print excellent.

With the printers that I have tried (1 Alps and 2 different HP laserjets),
only the 300 dpi image prints with no variations in linewidth or gaps in the
lines.  The displayed image seems to show the lines with various intensities
and fades to gray before dropping and lines.  I presume that this is because
of the Postscript interpreter built into Acrobat.  The HP printers were
postscript but still dropped pieces of the lines.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.