Re: filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging

Pat writes:

> ... I  think it's damn funny that Anthony, who won't
> touch his computer configuration for fear of disrupting
> a known state, finds it odd that professional
> photographers will limit risk when going on assignment
> by bringing along film from trusted sources, and
> processed at trusted sources.

I find it odd that they pretend to limit risk when in fact they don't even know
the risk.  They take for granted that transporting their own film is safer than
buying and developing on location, but I haven't seen anyone actually show
evidence that this is truly the case.  I've seen the documentary evidence of
fogging and I know it happens, but I have not see documentary evidence that
"foreign" labs and film are inherently inferior to labs and film from one's own
neighborhood.  This fact, coupled with the fact that one person's "home" lab is
a "foreign" lab to someone else, imply that the risk is actually higher when
film is transported than when it is purchased or processed on location.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.