Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: OT (a bit): Publishing pictures :)

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Harvey writes:
>
> > But...If you don't give them what they want
> > (magazines) you *still* might not get hired again.
>
> It depends on how good your pictures are.  If dpi numbers are a sine qua non
>for
> them, no matter what the photos look like, I tend to question their
>priorities.

And what magazines do you regularly work for?  Of course our photos are good,
but if a client wants something,
as a professional, we should try to provide what they want.

> Of course, a compromise may be in order.

It's called 'service'

> However, unless you do a lot of
> business with a client or are making lots of money for the business you do, it
> seems that going out of your way to provide the images in the specific format
>he
> wants may not be cost-effective.  For example, I have 2700-dpi scans of my
> photos that I prepare myself.  If that's not good enough for someone who wants
> to license a photo, he's going to pay at least an order of magnitude more for
> drum scan, and still more if he actually wants a slide.

Obviously...If a client insists on a particular product, they pay for it.

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.