Re: filmscanners: tiff compression

As best I know, because magazines print in four colours they would require CYMK files not RGB.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 5:02 PM
Subject: filmscanners: tiff compression

Hi all,

what do people think about saving my raw scans as LZW tiff's?
I am making 48 bit 6x7 scans on Nikon 8000, and they are over 500Mb each, so lossless compression would save a hell of a lot of space, but what are the drawbacks? can most programmes decode them if I send them to people on a CD?

Also, for catalogue/ magazine use what sort of RGB file size should I supply,
something like a 12" print at 300dpi is still 75Gb uncompresses, which seems big for most magazines

thanks,

Paul

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.