filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging

Some weeks ago there was a thread about fogged negs from airport X-rays.
This is to put everyone on notice that if you travel in the US, fogging is a
strong possibility, because it just happened to me on a trip from Cleveland
to Seattle--neither of which are particularly effective smuggling ports.

I am not from Jamaica, I am not Black (well, not very much, anyway--not
noticeably), and my family has been out of the smuggling business for at
least 300 years. Yet my film got "nuked," either at Cleveland Hopkins or at
SeaTac (I'd weigh it as 70% likely SeaTac, on the conservative side--there's
little need to take Ohio pot to Seattle!)

This definitely pisses me off, and I wrote and sent corroberating pic to the
(US) FCC in charge--for whatever good that will do. I'm hoping that the
people who control air traffic in the US can at least read! But judging from
the people I've seen at the check-in gates, I wouldn't count on it. :-(

Anyone wishing to dialogue with me on this subject, please contact me
off-list, because I frankly don't have time to survey the List at this point
in time. I'm just coming on--then dropping off again--to warn you all to use
the lead bags when you travel (as if that would help), or buy film at point
of destination and mail it back home. What a complete PITA.

Best regards--LRA

PS--I really miss you guys, but it can't be helped. :-)