RE: filmscanners: My 8000 does NOT band using Vuescan!

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001 09:52:41 -0400  Austin Franklin (darkroom@ix.netcom.com)
wrote:

> I'm still hard pressed to believe that software, in this case, can
> "cause"
> banding...mostly because some of these scanners don't band with the exact
> same software!

Why not? Nikon managed to achieve similar ineffable faults with the LS30
(the infamous 'jaggies', and Ed fixed that too.

There it was a resonance issue, cured by Ed inserting a brief 'wait'
command between successive scan lines, which allowed the resonance to
dissipate. Different tolerancing and wear was enough to ensure some LS30's
were immune whilst others were not. It seems Nikon still haven't managed to
get their software and hardware people to talk to each other.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons