Re: filmscanners: Nikon Scan & VS Negative dynamic range

"Jawed Ashraf" <Jawed@cupidity.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> I've never seen these options in Nikon Scan 3.0/3.1.  Where should I be
> looking (I can be blind like this sometimes)?
> >===== Original Message From Julian Robinson <jrobinso@pcug.org.au> =====
> >Have you tried Scanner Extras / Prescan mode / low cont neutral?

Julian, the setting you refer to isn't in 3.1.  It must have been lost after
2.51.
However Jawed, try looking in the "Prefs" button under "Advanced Colour.
There is a setting at the bottom for the percentage to exclude of black and
white
pixels as well as the sample point size.  The default % is 0.5 so that's
probably
where the clipping is.  Try 0.1% and see if you're happier!

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.