filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Re:Dust removal software/ Question forEd Hamrick

Martin wrote:
> I have not been satisfied with the softening of images
> on my Nikon Super coolscan 4000 when using Digital ICE
> for dust removal.  I received the following response to
> a post I placed on the Photo.net Forum.  What do you
> think.  Would I get less softening using Vuescan than
> Nikon Scan 3.1?

Why don't you go to www.hamrick.com download a copy and TRY it? :-7  From
everything you've said so far, it sounds like you have unreasonable
expectations.
 AFAICS the only way you will get the sharpness you want is to turn ICE
or IR cleaning off and spot by hand.

Something else you should also ask or test is whether the softening you
see on the screen is visible in the end product - whatever that may be!

I used to be peeved by the softening caused by IR cleaning until I realised
it reduced the appearance grain aliasing. :)
(Soften those unwanted wrinkles today!)

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com