Re: filmscanners: Dust removal software?

Rob, I guess your dust 'cure' would help, but I think (I 'know'!) some of my dust problems come from static electricity. The one-hour 'mini lab' that develops my negatives, sleeves them in translucent plastic. When I remove the negative strips, I have a hard time getting the plastic off my fingers! Since you apparently use mounted slides for all your work, you might be avoiding that problem. All it really costs me is time. I have to scan at 64 bit RGBI in order to use Ed's Clean function. I guess we discussed that earlier, and I'm sure that handling those huge files is slowing me down a lot.
Hersch

At 04:04 AM 09/02/2001, you wrote:
"Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> It is not necessarily that simple, though your suggestion is first and
> foremost.  The SS4k and other scanners like it, can have a dust problem,
no
> matter how clean your film is going into the scanner.

FWIW I have my Nikon scanner on the bench on its "side" which means that the
film carriers hold the film vertically.  Hopefully this means a little less
dust is likely to settle on the film via gravity. :)  I don't know which
models of scanners other than the LS30 and LS2000 can do this.  The Polaroid
certainly isn't set up for it.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.