Re: filmscanners: Nikon Super coolscan 4000 Problems

on 9/1/01 8:23 AM, rlb at rlb@triad.rr.com wrote:

> Martin:
>
> I learned the hard way early on.   Yes, I did blow some of the propellant on
> a few negatives until I concluded it was my carelessness and not the fault
> of the canned air.  I am now always careful that the can has not been shaken
> and it is upright.   I have a friend that uses the anti-static brushes with
> success.  I have not tried them.
>
> From: "Barbara & Martin Greene" <martbarb@earthlink.net>
>>
>> I've always been concerned about blowing air on my slides with a pressure
>> can.  I'm afraid that some bad stuff will get on the slide.  Am I being
>> overly cautious?

Canned air is easy to "be safe" with. Before aiming at film, fire a burst
away from the film to guarantee a clean path through the nozzle/tube/etc. It
isn't as wasteful as having to clean a negative/slide later...

Jim Snyder

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.