RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: My 8000 does NOT band using Vuescan!

> Austin wrote:
> > I'm still hard pressed to believe that software, in
> > this case, can "cause" banding...mostly because some
> > of these scanners don't band with the exact same software!
>
> Funny, this is exactly that same sort of thing that was
> said about the jaggies on the LS30 and LS2000.  And isn't
> it funny that Ed's Vuescan cured both...
>
> Rob

Because the scanning software gives different results (appears to "cure" the
problem), that doesn't mean it's not hardware.  There are many different
ways that software can control the scanner, and as such, you can get
different results with each different approach.

I do believe for the 8000, Ed said it was probably a hardware/firmware
problem.  I've asked him if he had any more information on this, and am
awaiting his answer.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.