RE: filmscanners: Dust removal software?

Also, I get my negatives back from the lab in translucent plastic holders, 4 negs long. They are clean when they went in. But, when I remove them, they inevitably have a static charge, which attracts any dust in the air. I suppose an anti-static brush would help.
Hersch

At 12:37 PM 09/01/2001, you wrote:

>  To avoid
> dust, just take care of your transparencies!

It is not necessarily that simple, though your suggestion is first and
foremost.  The SS4k and other scanners like it, can have a dust problem, no
matter how clean your film is going into the scanner.  These scanners can
have dust internally...that no matter what you do, save a clean room, will
get *some* dust on your perfectly clean film.

Scans from my SS4k almost always had one or more dust spots, no matter what
I did...and once I switched to a scanner that has a positive pressure film
chamber the dust problem went away.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.