Re: filmscanners: yet *another* low cost way to avoid the future

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 02:00:41 +0200  Anthony Atkielski
(atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr) wrote:

> A production system, in this context, is a mission-critical system,
> without
> which the business cannot operate, not even on a short-term basis.  In
> other
> words, a failure of this system is a failure of the company or business
> as a
> whole--it is a "loss-of-life" failure, for the business.

Having a single machine, a single point of failure in your circumstances is
just plain dangerous. What would you do if it caught fire (had that happen
to a monitor here, luckily I was in the room), or got stolen? Scratch
around looking for identical hardware?

If it's so important, buy a new machine and OS, install the apps you want,
and carry on working on your old machine until this is done, then shelve it
as a backup, or give it some less demanding stuff to do.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons