RE: filmscanners: Sharpness of color chrome vs color negative.

>You can't use the same settings for scanning positive film, then negative
>film...

I should have been clearer. I meant a raw scan in which such things as
levels, curves, gammas, unsharp mask , etc. settings were the same (i.e.,
uncorrected and unadjusted).  Obviously, there might be some reversal of the
negative image from negative to positive (although technically that would
not really be necessary) and removal of the orange color mask from the color
negative.

>I don't think that's going to be the case...  Then hell, make a 20x30 print
>from each and compare the prints ;-)

I don't know either which is why I raised the possibility.  As for making a
20 x 30 print from each, is that an inkjet, Lightjet, LaserJet, or
traditional enlarger prints; and how do we account for the differences in
the paper media between Ilfochrome and C Print materials if we select the
traditional enlarger avenue?  Moreover, a non-enlarger (e.g., digital file
based print) does not avoid the issue of whether the differences in the
sharpness of the two types of films are being represented or the quality of
scan that each might produce is being reflected.  If one is trying to
determine the sharpness of the film in capturing an image, one needs to
eliminate scans and other digital intervening variables; however, if one is
looking at not the comparative sharpness of the film's capacity to capture
sharp images but at the films ability to be scanned and produce a sharp
image, then that is a different question where one does not have to
eliminate the digitalizing variable only control for it.