Re: filmscanners: Vuescan - crop files missing

If you are scanning from film then unchecking the "Output raw file" box
should not result in the lack of a TIFF file (so long as you have the
"Output TIFF file box checked and a TIFF file name typed in).  If this is
really happening you should try reinstalling VueScan or contacting the
developer Ed Hamrick.  I suspect some other reason for it, though.

When scanning from disk rather than a scanner, what you are doing is
'scanning' the raw file you have previously saved to disk, so of course the
"Output raw file" box will not appear as your input IS the raw file.

The "crop" file is really the finished image - Ed Hamrick just chose the
filename "cropped . . ." as the default.  You can rename it as you wish.  I
would hazard the guess that most people do just output the finished "crop .
. ." file as I do.  The primary use for outputting a raw file is for batch
scanning - scan one or more strips of film into raw files only, and then
later when you have the time to check them for purposes of adjusting the
Color and Filter settings you 'scan' the raw files from disk using VueScan
to come up with the finished 'crop' files, or alternately open them up in
PhotoShop or other graphics program and invert negatives and adjust
luminosity, color and tone in the graphics program.

Maris