Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

--- Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > I don't mean this to come across snide, but do
> > you actually know what a density range of 0-3.4
> > means?
>
> Yes.  It means 12-bit output, which gives a _theoretical_ dynamic
> range of
> 4096:1, or log(4096)=3.6, for density range.

Since you say it yourself that this is only the *theoretical* dynamic
range then why do you already exclude the Polaroid without making any
actual test. You even say yourself that the LS-2000 has lots of noise.
There's no way you can judge a scanner just by the data sheet.
Otherwise there would be no reason ask question about dynamic range,
actual time to scan, etc.

Robert