RE: filmscanners: Vuescan Blue's

I meant to mean the sand is supposed to be more yellow than gray.  I had to
drop the gamma down below one to get some shadow in the 60 to 80 range of the
water on the sand.  It doesn't quite help enough for the skin of my son in the
sun, which is coming into 220 for the red component, which is pretty much white.

I played some more last night and started getting closer, still pulled the blue
down a bunch and ended up with an exceptable picture, but it took a lot of
fudging I haven't come to expect from VueScan.

alan

 >>  Alan wrote:
 >>  >It is my kids at the beach, the sand is more yellow than gray, but
 >>  Vuescan
 >>  >is giving me pretty aweful color.  Wondering what some of you others use
 >>  >for color settings when working with Beach pictures?

 >>  You mean you don't have yellow sand? :)  The last beach photos I took were
 >>  Kodak Supra 100 and I used the neutral setting instead of white balance.
 >>  I just used the generic colour neg, gamma 1, brightness 1.  White balance
 >>  with that particular film tended to make the image too green.  But this
 >>  is on an LS30 which may have quite different colour behaviour to the acer.

 >>  Rob

Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.