From: Laurie Solomon [mailto:laurie@advancenet.net]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 6:28 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: RE: filmscanners: MF scanner for 120 strips

>But it seems that one has to cut MF images into separate frames, which is
>nonsense, since MF images are also negatives which are kept in sleeves and
>not only slides in frames.

They are also much larger than 35mm and often cut for automated processing
in aperture cards anyway when returned from the lab.  Many professional
photographers who tend to be the ones who use medium format films generally
file the frames individually and not in strips like is the case for 35mm
negatives which are typically cut into strips of 4, 5, or 6 frames and not
filed as uncut 24-36 exposure frames.  By the way most medium format
transparencies are not put into mounts like 35 mm slides are since they are
generally not projected but looked at on light table;but they are cut into
separate indivdiual frames.

When you play with the big boys; you often have to play by the established
rules of their game not by the rules of some other group of player's game or
some other game. :-)