Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Why not sRGB ?

Lynn writes:

> From the limited number of Nikon scans I've seen on
> the Net and in publications, I'd guess that's true.
> They seem to have a strong Blue component (it shows
> also in skin tones and warm ochre-ish values, as you'd
> expect).

Most of my scans from my Nikon scanner have a blue or blue-green tint.  However,
since I adjust every single image in Photoshop anyway after scanning, it's not
much of an issue for me.  The main adjustments I make are levels (to exclude
unused portions of the gamut on the scan, separately for each channel) and
curves (to set a neutral gray, thereby eliminating the blue-green tint).

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.