filmscanners: SS4000 cycles continuously - sensor problem?

So much for trying the SS4000.  The scanner is cycling continuously as though
it is trying to initialise but can't.  It never appears in the device list.
 If you try to feed in a film carrier, it spits it out.  Is this characteristic
of the problem with dust on the sensor which detects the carrier?  If so,
where is the sensor?  Do I have to take the case apart to get at it - and
more importantly will I void the warranty by doing so?  I've looked through
the front of the scanner but I can't see anything that is obviously a sensor
in the carrier path.

If this behaviour isn't typical of the sensor problem I guess we'll have
to send it back for repair. :(

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com