Re: filmscanners: Nikon Scan and USB card?

Mike Duncan [mgduncan@esper.com] wrote on Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:51:27 -0400

>Vuescan works fine on my Mac G3 with OS9.04 and 640MB, but NikonScan
>doesn't seem to recognize the scanner.  I'm using an OrangeLink
>Firewire/USB card. The OrangeLink driver uses Apple's USB software.

Why are you using a FireWire/USB card? Is this an early G3?

Try updating to Mac OS 9.1 there are various fixes for FireWire in that
release. There is also a FireWire firmware update but that's only of use
if you have FireWire 'on board'. Maybe there's also an Orange firmware update?

--
David Gordon
mail@davidgordon.co.uk

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.