Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Why not sRGB ?

Rob writes:

> I tried printing it, but the print looks like
> the screen - not like the slide.

That's how it is supposed to look.  When you get the screen to look like the
slide, the print will come out looking like the slide as well.

> Having said that, what you say about RGB and
> turquoise would presumably apply to the scanner
> itself.

The scanner could have gamut limitations.  Still, I don't see why turquoise
would be particularly hard to pick up, especially when scanners usually do well
with much more complex colors, such as skin tones.  I don't think I saw the
start of this thread: What type of film is this, and which scanner?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.