Re: filmscanners: Silverfast vs Nikon Software?

At 19:11 12-08-01 +0100, David Gordon wrote:
>rlb [rlb@triad.rr.com] wrote on Sun, 12 Aug 2001 07:31:43 -0400
>
> >I would appreciate some thoughts from those that use Silverfast.
>
>It has a very steep learning curve. It is hard to use. It is unintuitive.
>It has a very poor user interface.
>
>It make fantastic scans in two minutes.
>
>Get the IT-8 calibration, try the demo first!

Been there. Did that. On my Win2K system the SIlverfast demo made NikonScan
inoperative. I had to uninstall Silverfast and reinstall NikonScan before
it would work again. Not sure about the fantastic scans part but you nailed
it in other areas.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.