that it was lossless and would offer me any thing.  My question wasn't a
stupid one, I guess, but the operator was!  Thanks.

By the way, my 113.1 mb file went to 36.8 mb with LZW.

In a message dated 8/7/2001 2:42:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rew@impulse.net
writes:

----- Original Message -----
From: RogerMillerPhoto@aol.com
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: (anti)compression?

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you do an LZW compression
on a
TIFF file?  Photoshop doesn't offer TIFF compression as an option, as far
as
I know.

In Photoshop, when you save as TIF, you will get a dialog re. byte order
and a check box for LZW compression.

Bob Wright

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.