Re: filmscanners: IT8 Calibration was Re: filmscanners: I love/hate SilverFast

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@ampsc.com> wrote:
> I am very intrigued by the number of people on this list how have color
> deficiency.  Does anyone know how common this is in the general
> population (or even just the male population)?

I'll have to look that one up.  I *think* it's more common in men than
women,
but I don't remember the numbers.  Maybe the hospital library has an
appropriate text somewhere...

> I also find it interesting that a very color demanding field
> (Photography with interest in digital scanning) would attract so many
> people who have to deal with color perception disabilities.

My father once tested all the people in a publishing company's art
department after he had so many disagreements over colour balance.
It turned out that several were colour blind and had no idea they were;
but then it was back in the 70's.

I agree it's intriguing.  But I don't remember seeing figures on how many
people with colour perception problems are in professions where it's an
issue.  Another one of those surveys it would be interesting to take - if
you could. :)  I had a friend at school who was red-green colourblind.
I don't remember ever meeting a woman who was colourblind.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.