RE: filmscanners: flatbed for contact-sheets

> My conclusion is that Agfa Arcus 1200 has much more dynamic range, less
> noise in shadows

How did you conclude that?

> But I have also observed that neither Epson nor Agfa are good enough for
> scanning negatives. The denser parts of the emulsion are too big a barrier
> for the CCD elements of the scanners. It results in lack of
> details in white
> areas.

I don't understand.  What you describe is a matter of how the exposure,
setpoints and tonal curve are set-up.  Even a louse of a scanner should be
able to get detail in throughout the full range of any negatives.
Negatives, for the most part, have a DMax of low to mid 2's.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.