From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of John Matturri
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 2:25 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Supra 400 shadows

> Not to add to the weight of this thread but with a Minolta Scan Dual II I
> experience the same kinds of 'noise" (just using this term generically -
> please, no corrections about whether I'm using the right term) in the dark
> areas as others describe when scanning Supra 400. Fortunately, when it's
in
> most dark areas where detail is not importantly I can blur it out
> sufficiently in PS.
>
> Norm Unsworth, Owner

What's the ccd resolution of the scanner? I was hoping that the grain
aliasing, if that's really it is, was somehow 'tuned' to the size of a
4000 dpi scanner implying that you could avoid the problem either by
resolving the grain (not possible with current ccd scanners) or by going
below the treshold with a 2750 or whatever scanner.

John M.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.