Re: strategic security moves (was Re: filmscanners: Anyone having

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:45:00 -0700  Sam A. McCandless (samcc@vom.com) wrote:

> I've gotten three suggestions that I substitute
> another browser for Microsoft's Internet Explorer: two for Opera and
> one for Pegasus (in addition to using Eudora rather than Outlook for
> e-mail). Does anyone else think either Opera or Pegasus is ready for
> the timid to use?

This is rapidly heading OT! I didn't intend to spark a lengthy conversation
about AV strategies and products, this is not the place. However as list
mom I felt I should try and get it across that there is a high risk and
it's getting worse as virii get smarter.

However I have used Opera here for several years. It is a very nice browser
with some really good features not found in IE or NS. However it does fail
on some sites, especially some optimised for IE and using scripting. But
then they all do:)

Pegasus is probably the most powerful email client there is, hugely
configureable and extensible, and rather ugly.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons