RE: filmscanners: Matrox and Monitor standby

Colin writes ...

> Rob Geraghty wrote:
>
> >I have had interuupt problems caused by the SCSI controller and
> >the graphics card insisting on sharing the same interrupt.
>
> They are on the same interrupt (11) in my computer, but Windows
> just does that. They are under the control of PCI IRQ Steering,
> so it may not matter.

    You may want to check you mobo's manual with regard to which PCI slots
need share IRQs.  For example, on my computer the AGP slot shares an IRQ
with PCI#1, and the 4 & 5 slots also share an IRQ ... and Windows cannot do
a thing about it.  Several types of cards do not like sharing interupts,
SCSI controllers being one (... try a different slot ...), and also older
NICs.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.