Re: filmscanners: Vuescan and Overexposed Negs

Just to make sure it doesn't appear I'm ignoring you, I was going to
answer that I don't use Vuescan and so others who do might be more apt
to give you that info accurately, and I note that is indeed what
happened.  I think Tony Sleep's message is probably what you're looking
for.

I hope his comments are useful, and that my photoshop tip might provide
some benefit.

Art

Stephen Jennings wrote:

> Arthur, thank you for the excellent advice,  but I'm not quite sure how to
> make different exposures using Vuescan.  Adjusting the Gamma didn't seem to
> affect the blown out white; changing the white point to 0 didn't seem to
> make a difference either.  Am I missing something?  How do I bring down the
> exposure so that I can bring out the detail in the whites?
>
> STEPHEN    JENNINGS
>     P h o t o g r a p h e r
>        Cambridge, MA
> sgjennin@ix.netcom.com