Re: filmscanners: Matrox and Monitor standby

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:17:22 +1200  Colin Maddock (cmaddock@clear.net.nz)
wrote:

> Slightly off topic here, sorry about that. Recently installed a Matrox
> G450 on my W98 (not SE) machine, and now I can't wake the
> computer/monitor up after the monitor only has gone into Standby after x
> minutes of idleness. It hangs, and has to be re-booted.

Depressingly common behaviour. Try different Windows Control Panel & BIOS
settings for APM, but don't be too optimistic that it's ever going to work
reliably. Even on machines which appear to handle it fairly well, I still
get the odd go-to-sleep which turns out to be a coma. It's Windows and the
mobos, I think. Oh, and don't put the hard disk to sleep - that's a
sure-fire recipe for problems IME.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info