Re: filmscanners: Matrox and Monitor standby

Thanks Jawed and Maris for your further comments about the problem here with
the monitor Standby function hanging the computer.

I should have tried this earlier, but installing the latest G450 driver from
Matrox looks so far to have solved it. Matrox say to delete the present driver
in Add/Remove programs before installing another one, but when I did this the
installation would not work. Eventually used the usual procedure of installing
over the top, and AFAICS all is sweet. Had "screen saver has performed an
illegal operation", but that only happened twice.

Your comments about Soundblaster Live cards noted Jawed. I am using a Creative
Vibra 128?, and haven't had any problems that I know about.

Not directly relevant, but www.tomshardware.com has a new article about how
they think some of the Bios settings should be. Mostly the more esoteric stuff,
but worth checking, I thought.

Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.