Re: filmscanners: SS4000, Win2K disappears!

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:03:21 -0500  Steven N. Norvich
(snorvich@interaccess.com) wrote:

>       Anyone have their scanner simply disappear (logically)?  Device
manager
> says it is
> not there and although hooked up to a fireware connection on my Dell
> (not an installed card,
> original installation), it is not discovered under new devices to be
> installed.  Got any ideas
> about why or how to fix it?

First off, I didn't know the SS4000  was available with a Firewire
interface, I thought they were all SCSI.

Second, does the Firewire (if it really is:) card show up OK in Device
Mangler without conflicts? Do any other Firewire devices work off the card
OK?

If it is really SCSI, do you have the rear panel terminator switch set to
'on', and what ID number is set? Do you have other devices on the same bus?

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons