Re: filmscanners: artificial light

Negative film made into prints which was exposed to tungsten lighting,
without correction would come out "lemon yellow" since tungsten lighting
is indeed quite lacking in the blues due to having a much lower Kelvin
temperature than true daylight.

During printing (through photographic means) the neg is color corrected
through filtration to give you a properly color balanced image.

The same process can also be accomplished via digital color balancing,
in fact, with careful adjustment, the results might even be more
accurate than the photographic version.

Art

Tomasz Zakrzewski wrote:

> How filmscanners get away with negatives exposed in tungsten halogen light?
> I do a lot of stage photography and during the printing process I get quite
> neutral prints but is this the case with filmscanners? Having made recently
> contact sheets from my negs on ,y new flatbed I noticed that a frame exposed
> in tungsten lighting is totally lemon yellow on the scan. Is it coorrectable
> as in standard photographic process?
>
> Regards
> Tomasz Zakrzewski
>
> online portfolio