filmscanners: autolevels was re: filmscanners: Vuescan blue anomaly

Rafe wrote:
>* You can set black point to any RGB value you like
>* Ditto for white point
>* You can *place* the black point where it's most
>  appropriate within the image.
>* Ditto for white point.

I'm only a beginner with things like the levels tool.  I do actually find
the autolevels useful, although I find it tends to make the colour balance
green on a lot of negs scanned with Vuescan.  The problem I've experienced
with using the droppers is that in a 2700dpi scan of an underexposed 400ASA
or 800ASA neg, the colour balance shifts really wildly with tiny shifts
of the mouse, especially when trying to set the white point.  Is there a
way to set an area for the dropper to use rather than a pixel?

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.