re: filmscanners: Vuescan blue anomaly

At 05:48 PM 7/24/01 -0700, Alan Womack wrote:

>I cannot say I do use PS "Auto Levels" often.  Will go off and try it
quickly to see.  On the last couple of photos that I adjusted the white
point up .05 for the blue component, auto levels in Photoshop doesn't work
out too well.  Makes the colors even more off, took the blue out though!

"Auto Levels" is a bit of a sledgehammer approach to
color correction.  Not very subtle, and quite often
wrong.  However, it's often instructive to just give
it a go and see how it renders your image, followed
by a quick Undo (Control-Z.)

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.