Re: filmscanners: Archiving Photos (a little off-topic)

> I always believe I can do a better job for the
> finished result in a year, or 5 years later if I ever want to do so.

Maris

Not saying that this isn't a good idea but it may also be the case that
scanners will be better in five years, so you may want to rescan at that
time.

My own method is to save the scan that Vuescan delivers (not exactly a
raw scan) and then a final corrected scan. It is also not that much
effort and takes up almost no space to save files associated with
levels, curves, HSB and other procedures along with selections. With
this you can reproduce your previous work step by step, making changes
where needed.

John M.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.