RE: OT - Nikon N80 was T400CN was filmscanners: Grain, Noise, et al

I'm really happy with it. Sold a Nikon N70 on ebay for a great price, got a
great Internet price on the N80 - I'm a happy camper! I love the dials for
setting f stop & shutter and the grid lines.

I'll tell you, though, it's a complicated little machine. Tough for my
feeble old mind to remember all that stuff. Not like the days (in
prehistoric times) when I owned a Nikon 'F'. Set the shutter and f stop and
that's it.

Norm Unsworth, Owner
CS Golf (formerly Clark Systems Custom Golf)
Outstanding Quality and Value in Custom Golf Equipment
609 641 5712
Please send email to me at: csgolf@home.com
Visit our Web Site at http://members.home.net/csgolf
--- Begin Message ---
> When I got my most recent camera (Nikon N80) I
> took it out to test drive all the bells and whistles, including exposure
and
> flash compensation.

Norman,

That's why I shoot test rolls on slide film -- no lab prints to
misinterpret. Slide film also has much less exposure latitude, of course, so
it's easier to see if the meter gave the right exposure. When I do use print
film for such things, I make sure to write "NO COMPENSATION/NO FILTRATION"
on the envelope.

    -- Todd

P.S.: I bought an N80 when it first came out. I love it! It's like a baby
F100 at 1/3 the price.

--
Todd Radel - thr@schwag.org

SCHWAG.ORG - Where Freaks and Geeks Come Together
http://www.schwag.org/

PGP key available at http://www.schwag.org/~thr/pgpkey.txt

--- End Message ---

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.