Re: filmscanners: OT: Copyright Registration

Terry Carroll wrote:

>it's unusual to have an opportunity to provide some signal that I believed
>would be found useful, even if a little off-topic.

I, for one, am happy you "chimed in," Terry. It sounds good, anyway.:-)

I'd like to mention, from both a producer's and user's point of view, that
the current US copyright laws, written in 1989 (and extensively changed from
what used to be), are yet to be tested extensively in court. What Laurie
said, vis a vis "Who's enforcing what?" is totally valid. Other copyright
issues, that allow companies to buy and *hog* copyrighted material that
rightfully belongs in the Public Domain (at least as far as being made
available for public purposes) still has a long way to go, and may become a
very sticky issue (at least I hope so).

Best regards--LRA