filmscanners: ADMIN : VIRUS warning - Sircam worm

I would not normally do this, but the Sircam worm is causing such
widespread havoc a warning seems in order. I have received 3 copies in the
last 3 days (off list!), and none has been picked up by Norton AntiVirus
2001 running with current definitions. They have been deleted safely.

If any of you lot were to get infected, there is a risk of Sircam being
distributed via the list. Please therefore take great care when opening
attachments from any source.

If you receive an email with the first line:-

> "Hi! How are you?

BE SUSPICIOUS

The rest of the text varies, but typically is:

> I send you this file in order to have your advice
>
> See you later. Thanks"

with an attached file from the victim's My Documents folder

DON'T OPEN THE ATTACHED FILE, DELETE IT.

Full details at :-
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html

Regards

Tony Sleep