filmscanners: OT (was: Nikon Service

Hi, Austin--

Your point is well taken, that different divisions of Nikon are probably
involved here, and not all run at the same level of competence. The point
remains that a manufacturer with a name like Nikon (or any number of other
names you'd care to mention) has a vested interest in protecting and
supporting that name, which is worth $millions$ to their continuing sales.

This is the point I've been trying to make in these QC discussions(albeit
perhaps obliquely, and not that we can do much about it but bitch), and I
*think* it's the point Art is driving at (not that Art needs me to defend
him). Any CEO that lets his (or her, in the case of HP) customer-service
departments get away from them can be in for a world of hurt, sales-wise.
It's just not smart business, even if it takes years to make itself felt.

Best regards--LRA