RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

> Austin, I am serious.  When $3,000 scanners are the equivalent of
> $10,000-$30,000 units, people won't be sending them back because they show
> significant banding  in every unit.

But these new $3000 units ARE the equivalent of $10k+ units from only a few
years ago.  This banding problem IS a design/manufacturing problem,
certainly NOT how the product is supposed to work.  $3,000 scanner not work?
Think about what a high end MF camera costs...and you expect it to BE
perfect.  A $3k CD player should sound exceptional, and yes, a $3000 scanner
should produce exceptional scans, especially with no banding at all.

I think the industry (computer that is) has been dumbed down mostly by
garbage software (led by the king of poor, obese, buggy software,
Microsoft...who couldn't get even ONE version of DOS bug free!), and now any
time equipment/software doesn't work quite right, they just accept it...

If you had to go unplug your TV every 15 minutes, wait 1 minute, then plug
it back in, you'd throw it out the window.  If your car just stalled every
15 minutes, and you had to coast over to the side of the road, then wait one
minute, and re-start it...and drive on, you'd probably push it off a cliff.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.