RE: filmscanners: Scratch the Gear Teeth Theory

Well, just when you think you've made progress the scanner fools you.  On
further testing I started getting bands without making any adjustments.
This is one strange machine.  One thing is consistent however,  the banding
is much worse at 16x.  at 1x it is essentially invisible.

Lawrence

> I've found something out.  Thanks to Howard Slavitt who suggested
> to me that
> the issue might actually be with the profile conversion I tried
> some various
> settings.  Heres what I have discovered.  If I make individual adjustments
> to the RGB channels in Nikonscan the banding appears.  If I make no
> adjustments, no banding.  I have not yet tried making an overall
> correction
> to the master to see if that causes the problem as well.  Perhaps
> one of you
> other 8000 owners can try this as well.
>
> Lawrence

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.