RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

I do that as well.  However, not all slides/negs need to be done that way.
Clearly there is a point of diminishing returns.  BTW, I've had crappy drum
scans too.  Really depends on the operator.  My point was that they need to
be free of things like visible banding that make them look like striped
wallpaper.  I run business, if I can save the $30 to $50 dollars per scan,
why not do it?  Lawrence wonders why he detects a bit of an attitude in your
reply.  I'm sure they are many others on this list whose work sells for as
much or more than mine does.  If you doubt that I am being truthful, I'd be
happy to send you to a location where you could buy one for yourself ;-)

Lawrence

> If your scans need to be perfect, why are you trying to scan them on a
> $3,000 scanner?  Send them out to someone who has a high-end drum
> scanner

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.